PRE-COMMISSION CHEMICAL CLEANING
Services recognizes the need for modern water systems to have the highest level of cleanliness prior to the commissioning and setting to work of the systems. System contaminants if not removed at the pre-commission cleaning stage, can result in a system over achieving optimum performance. We offer a fully comprehensive pre-commission cleaning service.
- Our proposed chemical cleaning and flushing process is specially designed to remove lose deposits and suspended solids.
Our program involves very special selection of chemicals that do not have any side effects on the system’s different metals, as it does not involve addition of any acidic or alkaline chemicals.
- Our program depends on selective blends of polymers and natural Organo-Phosphonates.
Our program also involves a selective blend of corrosion inhibitors for immediate formation of protective layer, and therefore eliminating any possibility of corrosion during the process.
- This program is an online cleaning process that is applied during system’s normal operation.
All chemicals used are not acidic and do not require any special procedures for waste disposal.
All chemicals used are environmentally friendly and do not require and special health and safety precautions.
- A fully trained operative will attend site prior to our attendance for pre-commission procedures. They will liaise with the site project manager and ensure the adequate provision of flushing points, water to be for flushing procedures and adequate foul sewage drainage points. If required these can be illustrated on the system drawings for installation by mechanical filters. A site specific method statement will then be provided for approval.
The system is to be fully pressure tested, filled and vented prior to our arrival on site
SYSTEM DYNAMIC FLUSHING
- The objective is to remove as much debris as possible from the system to reduce the potential for system blockages. This process maximises flow rates through main risers and sub branches.
Biocide Wash (if it is necessary)
- The laboratory analysis indicates high level of bacteria (pseudomonas) within the system, a full biocide will be carried out to remove bio films and bacteria from the system.
- When the system is set to work, movement of the pipe work due to thermal expansion or contraction may cause contaminants to be released into the fluid stream (iron oxide). The objective of chemical cleaning is to loosen surface deposits so they can be removed from the system to create a stable surface larger within the pipe work, which, if maintained by an ongoing water treatment regime, will resist further corrosion.On the completion of the chemical clean, the system is then balanced flushed so system parameters are within 10% of incoming mains water.
On completion of the chemical clean, the system will be does with a suitable corrosion inhibitor and biocide to ensure ongoing protection from water to metal corrosion and bacteria based problems. At this stage, samples will be taken and submitted for independent analysis
- All terminal units should have been isolated during the pre-flushing procedures. The purpose of back-flushing is to remove any small debris that has collected within the terminal units. On completion of our flushing procedures, a full set of documents will be forwarded for addition to the site O&M manuals. A copy of a typical set of documents can be provided for further information if required.
MANUAL CLEANING FOR STRAINERS TO BE PERFORMED AT THIS STAGE (KINDLY ARRANGED BY